Pages

Monday, March 23, 2020

Social distancing: 5 things I am grateful for & 3 things I discovered (today)

-->
-->
As the world we live in would have it, I am also practicing social distancing and it’s not coming easy. To top it up, my social circle is super moral on containing COVID-19 by religiously self-quarantining; I am partly proud of them and partly jealous of their high self-discipline. So, these circumstances resulted in finding innovative ways of making use of all the time I have. Just to remember, ‘Work from Home (WFH)’ is live in this scenario, where you end up working more than usual days; just like women at workplaces work harder to ‘fit in’, everyone works more to prove that they are ‘actually’ taking WFH seriously.

Still so much time!! So, among different productive ways to utilize my time one was reading. I have always liked reading and here I had the time to do some. I started reading a book my friend lend me called, “What I am sure of” by Oprah Winfery. It’s an easy read; compilation of short stories and learnings from her life. Half way through she writes that she has maintained a journal where she writes down five things, she is grateful for each day and that seemed like an interesting idea to pick on. And just to spice things up (another way of saying make more use of time), I will also write three things I discovered by staying home today.

Mar 23
Things I am grateful for

  1. I am grateful that I got to have lunch with my family members, who live in the same house, on the dining table at the same time on a weekday. We have a small dining table in the kitchen which has designed capacity to seat four individuals but seven of us found our place in the kitchen (albeit some on the kitchen cabinet) but it was a good evening.
  2. I am grateful that I could sleep in today as it was a public holiday and sleep some more in the afternoon.
  3. And I am grateful that my mom did not wake me and let me be grateful of preceding point.
  4. I am grateful there is lemon in fridge and chocolate on the side table.
  5. I am grateful that I enjoyed the cloudy patch in the sunny day by playing some badminton with my niece and nephew.


Things I discovered today

  1. Apparently, some guest had gifted us lemon in huge quantity and since it was winters back then and lemonade is a more popular summer drink. My elder sister had them squeezed and filled ice trays with them and froze them. And now just takes out one ice cube from the bag they are stored in and makes herself a lemonade to fight COVID-19. Since there are fresh lemon in house too, so no one has yet discovered her smartness.
  2. I discovered that the foundation brush eats up as much foundation as your face does, if not more. Greedy little expensive brush!
  3. I have discovered that my niece and nephew DO NOT sleep in the afternoon and are energy balls who don’t get tired. Maybe they do on school days?!



No comments:

Post a Comment